Records and Registration

Veterans Affairs Information

I’m eligible for GI Bill or veterans benefits. Where can I find information about applying for them?

The university has a VA Counselor in the Office of the University Registrar, 222 Criser Hall. VA Work Study students and staff are available during normal business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, to assist you with your paperwork and answer any questions you may have about your benefits. You may also call them at (352) 294-2948.

Back to Top

Transcripts and Grades Information

How can I take a course pass-fail?

Information for taking a course pass-fail can be found in the online catalog under Satisfactory-Unsatisfactory (S-U) Grade Option.

The S-U Option form is available on the UF Registrar’s website. Students must submit the approved form by the deadline for the current term. Deadlines are available in the online catalog.

What happens if I am dismissed for poor academic performance?

Students who are concerned about their academic performance should speak with an adviser from their college. Advisers will help students understand all options available to assist them.

Information about Academic Progress is available in the online catalog.

Where can I find information on UF grading policies?

Information on grades and the grading policy are available online in the university catalogs.

For graduate students, the information is available under General Regulations.

For undergraduate students, the information is available under Academic Regulations.

How can I get a grade changed?

Students who have questions about a grade received for a course should contact the instructor as soon as possible. If an error has been made, the instructor will submit the paperwork to change the grade. If the instructor is not available, students should contact the department offering the course.

Students may view their transcript on ONE.UF, Access other Student Self Services (My Online Services> My Record > Transcripts).

Can I repeat a course I’ve already taken to improve my grade?

Yes, students may repeat courses. The complete Repeat Course Policy statement can be found in the Undergraduate Catalog under Academic Regulations > Grades/Grading Policies > Repeat Course Work.

Contact the Office of the University Registrar if you have additional questions at (352) 392-1374.

Remember to check Student Self-Service frequently for important information and dates on Student Self-Service.

When will my grades be mailed to me for this semester?

Grades are no longer mailed to students at the end of the semester. At the completion of each semester, grades are available online the Wednesday after commencement. Students may view their grades on ONE.UF, Access other Student Self Services. Under My Online Services select My Record > Final Grades.

How can I receive my official University of Florida transcript?

The Office of the University Registrar maintains transcripts for all current and former students. All University of Florida students born in 1956 or later should order their official transcript on ONE.UF for the most expeditious service. Official transcripts ordered on ONE.UF are mailed out the following business day. To order on line you will need a valid GatorLink username and password and credit card. Former students who have a GatorLink account, but no longer have access, should contact the GatorLink Help Desk at 352-392-4357 to reactivate their account.

Former Students born in 1955 or earlier may need their transcripts moved to our online format before they can be ordered and mailed. More information on requesting that your transcript be converted to an online record can be found here.

Transcripts cannot be ordered by fax, telephone or e-mail since payment is required.

Back to Top

Registration Information

What is a degree audit?

The degree audit (also referred to as Universal Tracking-UT) is an online electronic system that monitors the progress of all undergraduate majors toward graduation. The degree audit helps students find the best academic path to complete their degree, provides academic advice for choosing the most appropriate major as soon as possible, and provides feedback each semester on academic progress. Students with questions concerning the degree audit should speak with their academic advisor.

Students may view their degree audit by visiting ONE.UF (Access other Student Self Services > My Online Services > Degree Audits).

Do I need to take CLEP tests?

Information regarding the CLEP/Acceleration Option for students who have a Florida Bright Futures scholarship can be found on the Academic Advising web site. Please review this information carefully.

Can a student withdraw from ALL classes using Student Self-Service?

Students may cancel their registration prior to the end of the official drop/add period by dropping all courses using ONE.UF (Access other Student Self Services, MY ONLINE SERVICES, Register Now). Withdrawing means that a student is dropping all their classes after the official drop/add period has ended.

For more detailed information on the withdrawal process visit the registrar web site or call the Registrar’s Office at (352) 392-1374.

How can I drop a class after registration and drop/add has ended?

After the official drop/add period has ended, students use the Student Initiated Drop/Add system to request to drop or add a course(s). The link is available at ONE.UF, Access other Student Self Services, MY ONLINE SERVICES, Registration, Request to. Your request will be routed to the appropriate approval authority for a decision.

Please refer to the critical dates calendars in the online catalog for specific deadlines by term.

Where do I register for classes?

Students register for classes online using a computer to access ONE.UF. Prior to registration students will be required to review Registration Prep.

If you need help with registration, please do the following:

* For academic advisement, contact your college advising office.

* For course offering assistance, or for department controlled courses (DEP-X), contact the department offering the course. The department location and phone number are available on the schedule of courses.

*For technical help with Student Self-Service, please call the Office of the University Registrar at (352) 392-1374, or come to 222 Criser Hall.

*Honors students may request help at the Honors Office, 343 Infirmary/Student Health Care Center, (352) 392-1519.

Back to Top

Nondegree and Transient Students

Can I take classes at another college/university for a semester?

Yes, students may attend other schools as a transient student. Please see your academic adviser for approval and information. It is recommended that you contact the school you plan to attend to find out their registration requirements and deadlines.

Transient applications can also be completed electronically (for participating schools within Florida). These applications will automatically be routed to your college for adviser approval, the Registrar for certification, and to the school you indicate you will attend. You will be apprised of the status of this application by e-mail.

Upon completing the course, university regulations require that an official transcript be sent to us so that the course can be applied to your official University of Florida transcript. Please visit the Registrar’s Office where you are attending and submit a request to send your transcript to UF.

I am not an admitted student at UF. Can I still take classes at your university?

Thank you for your interest in the University of Florida. Yes, non-students may attend UF as a non-degree student using the online non-degree application.

If you are a student at another State of Florida university, state college or community college do NOT use the non-degree application. Apply using the transient student application found at If you are applying for a special program (for example, Forensic Science, FEEDS/EDGE or other distance education programs) do NOT use this application. Contact the program for further instructions. All students must receive the approval of the dean of the UF College offering the course before they can register for non-degree course work except for students participating in programs sponsored by the UF International Center. The application will be electronically forwarded to the UF College requested on the application for approval.

In addition, students must supply immunization records to the Student Health Care Center.

All dates for registration and tuition deadlines can be found on Academic Calendars by Term.

The online Schedule of Courses provides an up-to-date listing of courses offered for the term. There is no minimum number of classes or credit hours required for non-degree seeking students.

Tuition and Fee information can be found online. Students may pay for classes on Student Self-Service (under My Online Services, University Bursar, choose Make a Payment).

If you require information about on-campus housing, contact the Department of Housing and Residence Education at (352)392-2161.

For information about off-campus housing contact Off-Campus Life, a part of the Dean of Students Office, at (352)392-1261.

Back to Top

Graduation and Diploma Information

When is commencement?

Commencement information is available on the Registrar’s website. This information is updated when details for each semester’s ceremonies are finalized.

Commencement dates are also available on Critical Dates by Term.

Do I need to apply to graduate?

Students must complete a degree or certificate application so that your college can be notified and your diploma or certificate can be ordered. The application is good only for the term designated. If your plans change and you do not graduate or complete your certificate, please submit a new degree or certificate application for the term when you next expect to complete your degree or certificate requirements.

Please complete the application by the published deadline.

The application is available on Student Self-Service. On the left-hand side of the screen under My Online Services, open ‘My Record’ and select “Certificate/Degree Application”.

If you missed the deadline, please contact your academic adviser.

If you have additional questions concerning the application process, please call the Office of the University Registrar at (352) 392-1374.

When will I receive my diploma?

Congratulations on obtaining your degree.

Diplomas will be mailed to the student’s permanent home address. Please check Commencement Information and choose “Important Dates” to verify when diplomas will be mailed.

It is very important that your permanent home address is listed correctly in the directory, as we cannot forward diplomas.

Information on how to change your address is available online. Follow the links and instructions to change your address.

Back to Top

Enrollment and Degree Verification

As a third party, how do I receive verification of enrollment and/or degree for students who attend/attended the University of Florida?

The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing confirmation of enrollment and degree. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information, please contact the National Student Clearinghouse at:


Phone: 703-742-4200

How can I prove that I am a student at UF?

Enrollment verifications may be obtained through the National Student Clearinghouse, which provides an instant enrollment verification. For currently enrolled students, enrollment verifications are available after the official drop/add period has ended for the semester. Critical dates can be found in the catalog Dates and Deadlines.

Former students can obtain enrollment and degree information from The National Student Clearinghouse or by purchasing an official transcript.

National Student Clearinghouse information


Phone: 703-742-4200

For more information on how to obtain visit Enrollment Verification.

Back to Top

Address Changes

How can students and alumni change their address with the University of Florida?

To update your address follow these steps:

  • Log on to ONE.UF portal
  • From the main menu, go to My Account and choose Update my Directory Profile
  • Follow the directions and provide all necessary information

Current and former students with GatorLink accounts can log on to ONE.UF to verify and to update their UF directory information.

Back to Top

Academic Records and Policy Information

How do I change my major?

Please visit the college dean’s office that offers the major that interests you, and ask to speak with an adviser to discuss your options.

Once the college offering your new major has accepted your request, they will make the changes to your academic record. Please let your former college adviser know that you have changed your major so that they can update their records.

Please review the degree requirements of your new major using the degree audit found in My Online Services on Student Self-Service or in the online catalog.

I have 2 exams scheduled at the same time. What do I do?

In most cases, exam conflicts can be resolved easily. Please review the information regarding exam conflicts and examination policies.

If you have additional questions that are not answered in this policy statement, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at (352) 392-1374 for assistance.

How can I receive a copy of a course description?

If the course was taken in 1999 or after, the description can be found in the graduate and undergraduate course catalogs.

If the course was taken prior to 1999, the university will provide copies of the course descriptions. It generally takes 3-5 business days to process these requests. We will send the information to the student or a third party designated by the student. There are several ways to request this information.

  1. You may come to 222 Criser Hall and complete the Course Description Request form. We will either mail the course descriptions to you or you may come and pick them up.
  2. You may fax a request form ( > forms > Academics > Course Description Request) to the Registrar’s Office at 352-846-1126. Please complete the form as accurately as possible so we can correctly identify the courses. Call 5-10 minutes after faxing to make sure we have received the form.
  3. You may mail this information to us at:

Office of the University Registrar
PO Box 114000
Gainesville FL 32611-4000
Attn: Records

How much does it cost to repeat a course?

By action of the legislature, the State University System implemented a course fee surcharge for undergraduate courses. Any fee liable undergraduate course taken at UF three or more times, in or subsequent to Fall 1997, will be subject to a repeat course surcharge of 100% of the full cost of instruction. This fee will be calculated annually. See Florida Statute, section 1009.285 and UF-3.0375 University of Florida Regulations.

The purpose of this surcharge is to discourage repeating courses unnecessarily. All students, regardless of classification or residency status, will be assessed the fee. Billing questions should be directed to the University Bursar in 113 Criser Hall or (352) 392-0181. The current fee is under Current Students. Choose Tuition & Fees for your academic year, then Fee Tier for term, and scroll to bottom Notes section.

How can I keep my address and telephone number from being given to others? Do you have some kind of privacy policy?

We are not able to selectively remove only the address and/or telephone number from a student’s public record. Directory information that can be released includes your name, class and college, local and permanent address, telephone number(s), email address, enrollment status (for example, undergraduate or graduate; full-time or part-time), most recent previous educational institution attended, dates of attendance, majors, minors, certificates, concentrations, degrees earned, nature and place of employment at UF, honors and awards received, publication titles, participation in officially recognized or registered activities and sports, weight and height of members of the athletic teams.

Students may restrict personal contact information from the University of Florida directory without requesting a full privacy hold. You can do this by changing your profile in UF’s online phone book to Do Not Publish. Go to > My Account > Update My Directory Profile. This option will prevent your contact information from being published in the UF Online Phone Book. However, restricting information on the web will not prevent the Office of the University Registrar from providing your directory information in other formats. If you select this option, your directory information still can, and will be provided to those requesting it in writing or by telephone. Further, this does not guarantee that information will not be released on the web by UF clubs or organizations to which you belong. For more information go to

Directory Information is not treated as confidential and may be disclosed by the university without student consent unless the student requests nondisclosure. Students may place a privacy hold on their educational record to prevent the release of directory information to third parties, but only while they are enrolled at the university. A privacy hold expires only when the student requests its removal in writing. Students can place a privacy hold on their student record by completing the Restriction of Directory Information form at the Office of the University Registrar in 222 Criser Hall. Valid picture identification is required when submitting the form. Once a student has placed a privacy hold, a student’s directory information will not be released to third parties or to the student over the telephone.

Please contact us at (352) 392-1374 with any questions concerning Privacy Holds.

Back to Top